Seeing the boundaries
I turn away
They call to me
They cry my name
But not in vain
I'm too afraid to go
I look across
Inviting
Beautiful
Melodies drift lazily to me
I must turn away
To go
To be free
To reach spiritual bliss
I'm told it's false
I stop
I must turn away
I feel proud
I stand tall
Though I still long to go
I regret
But I had to turn away
They smile at me
Empty smiles
For they, too, turned away
Now none of us know
The truth of that land
I turn back
I see nothing
But regret
[1997]
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
witness
there's something about living on the corner of a highway intersection. during the night, and when it's really early and relatively...
-
Click on the post title if you don't see the content
-
i. i sit quietly watching the man seeking my soft spots with nimble fingers sliding in the needles, head, neck, belly, arms i'm froz...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.