advice


you tell me that i should try to keep my

perspective

objective

as if i could somehow coerce my consciousness to traverse the boundaries of my me-niverse

and rush, unprotected

into the crazy, overwhelming crush

of unfiltered particles and waves with such a gaze

as i've been training since i was born to avoid

and in so doing formed the very void that has become

my sacred "i"

of the storm

three eyes have i, to be precise

one, looking back in high-definition retro-vision

one, now, with myopia

and my third eye, my ocular oracle with sight beyond sight

the one that sees all

the possible futures and fantasies of both fright and flight

and i've but barely begun to discover which buttons on my remote control

do more than simply

select the source

or show a picture-in-picture view of my soul

how very droll,

all this you think that i should leave behind

somehow unzip my skin and evacuate my mind

to pick some dull, tumbled-out tissue to call

the truth inside

to preside over this lawless suit

that's cute, i'll just junk my judge and jury

and turn to mental masturbation

pretend i'm empty of the fury

that has fueled my consternation

i'll invent an allegory so that

you

can have the glory from pointing out patterns and counting crooked constellations

convert my me-niverse into a universe of discourse in which

you

in verse

can dis-cover the correct

course

of action

after discerning the source of my sad story

and then

to your satisfaction

tell me

which stars

of mine

are mere satellites to be brought down by the might of your psychic intergalactic missiles

while you neglect

to bring your otherworldly arms to bear on the indirect issue of negotiating any potential paradox that i might reject

that could shock me so badly

that my clock's hands would spin madly as i'm trapped on the event horizon of the supermassive black hole at the center of this downward spiral galaxy


...


"that's not what i meant",

you say,

and so i put my dictionary away

and focus on being "subjectively objective" and not judgementally corrective

for i see now that you're only trying to assist

and that this clenched fist of sarcasm

is merely my projection to avoid any reflection

on this cavernous chasm overflowing with

out-of-place

interlaced

do-it-yourself

furniture

so insecure that it demands detours

i guess i could use your help

to stop stumbling

and stubbing toes

and striking shins in the dark

the state of my home is quite humbling

so please

forgive me

for my earlier snark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

from the corridors of evelyn's mind

cosmic dust