thirteen ways of looking at a ______

1
i sit and stare
my future riding on how i complete you
and time is running out

2
we stand together
you and me
so that you can make me seem important

3
i am confined to my wheelchair
sitting at the end of my world
loved ones pitifully arranged around me
as i search helplessly for you

4
i ate too fast
you were consumed
by a stray hiccup

5
you are the real step
between my crazy ideas
and profit!!!

6
i spend months and months
upon a lonely mountain in exotic india
throwing good money
at thinking of you

7
______

8
i veer from the right paths
and you allow it

9
you stand between me
and my bank account,
my house, my car,
my degree, and my job

10
you stand up in court
pointing at me, your accusing finger
shames me
even though sometimes you pull me out of tight spots

11
i drive carefully
and you let me know when i've gone too far

12
when i use you in the sand
you mean nothing to me
and then i feel dirty

13
whose are you, anyway?

[an assignment inspired by wallace stevens - thirteen ways of looking at a blackbird]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

from the corridors of evelyn's mind

cosmic dust