from the stars to your fields of green

my dearest lucille

i hope this letter finds you in perfect health and happiness.

here on this dreary planet, only the stars remind me of the fond light you have brought to my eyes these past few months. our mining company appears to be making ends meet, and there is much enthusiasm; i am convinced that joining this expedition was a good investment. still, i find myself distracted, constantly thinking of you. i fear that so much time will have passed between us by the time i get back - this world spins slightly faster than our own - that if i don't make the scheduled return transport i might have aged more than five years ahead of you!

i hope i won't be greying by the time i finally get to see you in white.

i have recently come into possession of one of your brother edmund's agents - a sweet little toy, and surprisingly useful. please inform him that his work is very much appreciated here in the outer arms, especially those places where the sun barely shines. i've named mine albert, and already we've become quite attached.

please send the hills and the vales my love, my love, and know that I am thinking of you constantly, my beacon all these parsecs away.

yours, entirely,

james raynor IV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

cosmic dust

from the corridors of evelyn's mind