acupuncture

i.

i sit quietly watching the man seeking my soft spots with nimble fingers
sliding in the needles, head, neck, belly, arms
i'm frozen in perfect meditation
gently, he pushes me onto my back
then disappears

slowly, steadily, an agonizing burn begins in my core
spreading outward, hitting every nerve
it's a death knell
i'm hemorrhaging
alone
frozen
in the dark

ii.

the tool will keep digging
but i'm definitely feeling something
in my belly
hot metal spikes bring me to auralgasm
and i scream silently as i implode
filling my empty spaces
with the solace of shattered solitude

play it again
please
let me feel that again

Comments

  1. i don't usually explain my work, but i think for this piece it matters.

    the first part is literal and based on a real acupuncture experience i had many years ago. i really thought i was gonna die on the table.

    the second was me listening to tool - stinkfist while thinking about that experience, and realizing that the song works well as a commentary on the relationship we have with metal, and this song in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh - and the spikes thing? i published this before watching the video. so that's awesome.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cosmic dust

from the corridors of evelyn's mind